Inspiration for this project came from Craig WB3GCK, all credits to Craig 🙂
Firstly, this device is not SOTA compliant, however the drive-on mast support is an excellent way to support a lightweight telescopic pole and HF or VHF antenna for a Field Day, Parks or WICEN (EMCOM) deployment.
Position a car wheel on the board, screw the 1 1/4 inch pipe into the flange and strap your lightweight telescopic pole to the galvanise pipe.
Materials purchased from Bunnings:
- 7 ply marine timber 3/4 x 8 x 23 1/2 inches (19 x 200 x 600 mm)
- 1 1/4 inch BSP 4 hole galvanised flange
- 20 inch (500 mm) length of 1 1/4 inch threaded galvanised pipe
- 4 x 8 mm x 40mm pan head galvanise bolts
- 4 x 8 mm nuts and flat washers
- 2 .5 inch length of 1.5 inch dia heat shrink tube (60 mm x 40 mm dia)
- Cabothane or water-proof paint
Next disassemble the pipe and flange and apply two coats of water-proof Cabothane or paint to the board. Assemble when dry 🙂