Hombrew 2m Halo antenna for 144.2 MHz SSB and WSPR weak signal propagation. Polarisation is horizontal while the radiation pattern is omnidirectional.
Radiator and gamma match are 3/8 inch copper tube. 🙂
- Loop diameter: 340 mm
- Open end spacing: 40 mm
- Gamma rod: 200 mm length of 16 gauge AWG solid copper insulated wire.
- Gamma capacitor tube length: 100 mm
- Capacitance between the rod and the copper tube is 24.7 pf.
- Gamma clamp: 6 mm square brass bar
- Gamma clamp spacing: 48 mm
- Gamma clamp position: 180 mm from the center of the loop
Adjust the gamma match for a low VSWR.
I will apply a generous coating of pcb enamel to the exposed copper and brass elements.
Last update: 23 December 2020